If you want to take it a step further in the ‘healthy’ department, substitute half of the noodles for zucchini noodles (you can make them in a spiralizer in a flash). Of course you can substitute ALL of them for zucchini noodles should you wish, but I like everything in moderation and still enjoy the substance of the pasta noodles: healthy eating doesn’t have to be all-or-nothing!
Green Goddess Avocado Pasta
- 250 grams dry pasta*
- 2 ripe avocados pitted and skin removed
- 1 large clove of garlic crushed
- 3 tablespoons garlic infused olive oil I used Maison Orphée brand **
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- ½ cup packed fresh basil leaves
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- extra basil leaves or arugula for serving
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Add the pasta once the water is boiling.
- Meanwhile, combine all of the remaining ingredients in a food processor (a mini one will do as there arent many ingredients). Process until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Place the sauce mixture in a medium bowl, and once the pasta is cooked al dente, add the noodles to the sauce bowl with a set of tongs. Mix with the tongs to combine,adding a bit more of the pasta water if needed should the sauce be too thick (the pasta water is the BEST for adding a velvety texture to a too-thick pasta).
- Serve with a handful of fresh arugula leaves or fresh basil leaves.
*you can substitute half, or all, of the noodles with zucchini noodles by spiralizing a zucchini (I used 2 c. of spiralized zucchini as a sub for half of the noodles and used spaghetti). Simply sauté the zucchini in a drizzle of olive oil until it is cooked but still slightly crisp, about 2-3 minutes, and add it to the sauce when you add the pasta.
** substitute regular extra virgin olive oil if you don't have garlic infused olive oil
Thank you so much to Nature’s Fare Markets for sponsoring this healthy post!