Our go-to summer appetizer is homemade salsa and guacamole. You simply can’t beat the fresh garden flavours. This salsa is best made an hour or two before serving to allow the flavours to come together. Serve with the best tortilla chips you can find.
Homemade Fresh Salsa (Pico de Gallo)
Fresh homemade salsa is whipped up in a matter of minutes and perfect for Mexican night on tacos or a simple appetizer served with tortillas.
- 2 ½ cups finely chopped heirloom tomatoes (regular tomatoes can be substituted)
- 1/2 seeded (de-veined & finely diced jalapeno pepper
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/2 cup lightly packed cilantro (roughly chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 2 limes
- sea salt (to taste)
Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl and serve with the best tortillas you can find! You can make this a few hours ahead and keep it in the fridge until guests arrive. Store leftover salsa in the fridge in a covered container for up to 3 days.