This Kale Refresher might be a bit of a step up from the green beer in the health department, yes? A green drink seemed to be fitting with St. Patrick’s Day right around the corner and this healthier upgrade will leave your body saying thank you!
I am so excited to be partnering with Vitamix again this year and kicked it all off with a healthy and super refreshing kale spritzer to help you re-hydrate, and nourish your body as we enter SPRING… your skin will thank you! Filled with vitamins and antioxidants, this spritzer also packs a healthy dose of fibre thanks to the use of a blender (I used the Vitamix Ascent 3500) that blends the ingredients perfectly (versus juicing which removes the fibre).
Filled with vitamins and antioxidants, this spritzer also packs a healthy dose of fibre thanks to the super power of the Ascent 3500 that blends the ingredients perfectly (versus juicing which removes the fibre).
- ½ green apple cored, skin left on
- 2 cups torn kale leaves lightly packed
- 1 ½ cups diced fresh pineapple skin removed
- 1 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 8 mint leaves plus extra for garnish
- ½ cup water
- Sparkling water
Blend together the apple, kale, pineapple, lemon juice, mint leaves and water in a high powered blender for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Divide the kale mixture between 3-4 glasses, top with ice, and top with sparkling water (do this slowly to avoid it foaming). Enjoy!
I hope you love this – it’s such a springy drink to add to your repertoire at this time of the year, and is SO refreshing to have first thing in the morning!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day loves!