If you’re as tired of boiled carrots at the holiday dinner table as we are, these roasted carrots will be a welcome change of pace! Fresh carrots get dressed up with a healthy drizzle of olive oil and a yummy crispy layer of melted parmesan cheese.
I found these beautiful organic rainbow carrots at Nature’s Fare Markets, they have the best selection of fresh local vegetables, ethically sourced cheeses and amazing olive oils that I used in this recipe!
You can substitute regular carrots if you can’t find the rainbow ones of course. Ready in minutes, you can prepare the carrots (unbaked) in advance so that they are ready to pop into the oven just in time for dinner!
- 2lb medium carrots (I used rainbow carrots), washed & dried
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme (optional)
- 1/3 c. freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Cut the larger carrots in half, leaving any smaller ones whole. Spread them evenly on a large cookie sheet and drizzle them with the olive oil. Sprinkle with the sea salt and scatter the thyme sprigs evenly on top (if you choose to use the thyme). Loosely mix them with your hands to coat the carrots, making sure that they aren’t crowded in the pan, and roast the carrots for approximately 20-25 minutes, until they start to caramelize and turn golden brown at the edges.
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the parmesan cheese evenly ove the top. Return to the oven for 5-10 minutes, until the parmesan starts to turn golden brown and crispy. Serve immediately.