You know those moments when you have a stroke of brilliance that comes out of absolutely nowhere? I had one the other night. And these chickpea brownies were the result.
With three of those delicious Justin’s Peanut Butter Cup packages staring at me and the Old Mother Hubbard nursery rhyme in the back of my head (we are moving, and have pretty much no food in the house), I figured I would make us a little treat with what little I had kicking around. So, chickpea brownies it was, and since everything tastes better with chocolate and peanut butter, I figured I would chop up a few of those Justin’s beauties and throw them on top of the brownies for kicks. And am I ever happy I did!
Now, I’m not saying you should have these for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They are after all a ‘sometimes’ food as we would put it in our house. But if you’re going to reach for a treat I would say these are a good choice!
Whip these up in a blender in 5 minutes and throw them in the oven. You won’t regret it.
- 1 large 14 oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup cocoa
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. milk or coconut water
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 3 packages Justin’s white chocolate peanut butter cups, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 9″x 9″ baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients except the peanut butter cups in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, sprinkle with the chopped peanut butter cups, and bake for approximately 40-50 minutes or until the brownies are set.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest in the pan for at least 20 minutes before cutting.