On the fourth day of Christmas I give you a Vitamix 5200 blender (valued at $579)! If you haven’t used one of these machines before, you are in for a TREAT!
Our Vitamix blender was a game-changer in our kitchen! The cool-running motor processes the toughest whole foods down to the tiniest seeds. From soups to smoothies, it is up there with my most-used kitchen gadgets and makes ‘clean’ eating so much easier (it is so powerful that you can actually make heated soup out of cold ingredients!). I even used it to make these Date Power Bars pictured above!
Of course, I couldn’t feature the blender without a recipe to go with it. This Pink Smoothie pictured above is FILLED with antioxidants and fibre from the beets which are also a good source of folic acid, manganese and potassium. Eating beets may even reduce your risk of diabetes and heart disease and promotes healthier hair and complexion. Not a bad thing to cram into a smoothie!
- 1 c. raw peeled beets, diced into 1/2″ chunks
- 2 1/2 c. water
- 1 c. Greek raspberry yogurt
- 1/2 c. berry pomegranate juice
- 1 c. frozen raspberries
- Cook the beets in the water on medium-high heat in a small saucepan until the beets are very tender, approximately 30 minutes. Set aside to cool (do not drain).
- Once cooled, place all of your ingredients into your Vitamix blender and blend until smooth.
The contest is open to residents of Canada and the US, good luck! The winner will be drawn on December 17th and announced on December 18th.