Chickpeas get a lot of love in our house. Then again, what is there not to love? This Mediterranean powerhouse is full of fibre, protein and a long list of vitamins and minerals. Chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans) have shown to help control blood sugar, maintain good bone and heart health, improve digestion and even help with weight loss.
That’s a long list of credentials for a little bean.
I picked up some organic canned chickpeas at Nature’s Fare along with the rest of these simple ingredients (their olive oil selection is amazing!). I used two cans of the chickpeas (398ml, also known as Garbanzo beans). The staff at Nature’s Fare is super knowledgeable and the products are already ‘curated’ to make sure that they are as healthy, ethical and environmentally friendly as possible.
Chickpea Feta Salad
This salad can be made in advance, making it perfect for entertaining or taking along for a picnic. Incredibly simple and packed with Mediterranean flavors, it will quickly become a favorite!
- 3 cups canned chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 cups roughly chopped parsley curly or flat leaf
- ¾ cups feta cheese crumbled
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon honey
- sea salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients together, season with the salt to taste and set aside. This salad can be made a few hours in advance.