As the days tick on I’ve grown more aware of the need to disconnect from the news and chaos and find joy in simple life pleasures like a long hike, witnessing the spring blooms and a good book. We wanted to share a little list of my favourite books that I’m enjoying, along with some that the kids are loving too!
We’re all hunkered in and doing our best to settle into this new temporary norm. While it’s easy to stay glued to the news and Twitter, I’ve started really craving old-fashioned things like baking (more), crafts and reading. I’ll confess that I haven’t spent a lot of time these past few years reading. It somehow got lost in the shuffle of life with kids and work and everything in between.
There is something so incredibly cathartic about getting lost in a good book. I wanted to round up a few of my favourite reads to share with you in case you’re wanting to join me!
So back to my favourite reads. I broke these books down into 4 categories: Cookbooks (I read these like novels), Fiction, Non Fiction and Kids’ books! Speaking of kid’s books, Charlie has been OBSESSED with the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series – like seriously reads a book every two days! Highly recommend. I didn’t list our own cookbook Fraiche Food, Full Hearts, but we’re pretty fond of that one too lol.
I hope you find a moment to sit back, relax and read a few pages today!
My Favourite Cookbooks
- Gather at Home by Monika Hibbs (filled with gorgeous recipes & DIY’s!)
- Let Me Feed You by Rosie Daykin (just flipping through it makes me hungry!)
- This Kitchen is for Dancing by Karlene Karst
- Eat More Plants by Desiree Nielsen, RD (one of my talented dear friends)
- Love & Lemons Everyday by Jeanine Donofrio (stunning and healthy)
My Favourite Books (Fiction)
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- Me Before You by JoJo Moyes
- The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
- A Complicated Kindness by Miriam Toews
My Favourite Books (Non-Fiction)
- Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
- Brain on Fire by Susannah Cahalan
- We are the Weather by Jonathan Safran Foer
- The 5 Minute Journal by YOU;)
Our Favourite Kid’s Books
- Dragons Love Tacos by Adam Rubin
- The Legend of Rock Paper Scissors by Drew Daywalt
- The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt (on sale 48% off!)
- Wolf Camp by Andrea Zuill
- Iggy Peck Architect by Andrea Beaty