I’ve always been in awe of those ridiculously flavourful potatoes that I get when I eat at an authentic Greek restaurant, so I decided that it was my turn to re-create them in this one-pan Greek Roasted Chicken & Potatoes bake.
I’m a big fan of one dish meals: I mean, who isn’t? This Greek Roasted Chicken and Potatoes is SO tasty and easy, and the best part is that you can prep it ahead if needed! Such simple rustic, wholesome ingredients, and the potatoes that are nestled beside the chicken are pure heaven to eat. This is a standard in our house for those nights when I need to throw something together quickly for last minute guests, it’s impressive without having to spend all day in the kitchen! I purchase my chicken (and almost all of my protein) through Tru LOCAL.Jump to Recipe
Homemade Greek-Inspired Dishes
I love serving this with a Greek Salad, Pita Bread and Homemade Tzatziki and Hummus for the ultimate Greek-inspired dinner. Don’t sweat it if you don’t have time to make your own, there are plenty of store-bought versions that can sub in to take the pressure off!
Chicken Dinner Recipes
Chicken is such a versatile protein and a favourite of my own family. If it is yours too, I have so many great recipes for dinner ideas! Some favourites are:
Another great roasted chicken dinner idea is this Apple & Butternut Squash Roasted Chicken! It is one of the easiest AND most comforting meals to make with this cool weather. This dish takes very little effort to prepare with simple ingredients, including local beautiful apples.
Greek Roasted Chicken & Potatoes
Greek Roasted Chicken & Potatoes
This Greek Roasted Chicken and Potatoes is SO tasty and easy, and the best part is that you can prep it ahead if needed! Such simple rustic, wholesome ingredients, and the potatoes that are nestled beside the chicken are pure heaven to eat.
- Fresh whole chicken around 2 kg
- 4 medium white potatoes quartered
- 1 medium yellow onion peeled and cut into wedges
- 6 cloves garlic peeled and smashed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 sprigs fresh rosemary plus extra for garnish
- 10 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 lemons cut in half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
Preheat the oven to 400F and pull the chicken out of the fridge to bring to room temperature for 20-30 minutes, pat the chicken dry with a paper towel and season inside and out with salt and pepper.
- In a 9×13” baking dish (or similar size), place the chicken in the middle of the dish and toss the quartered potatoes and half of the onion wedges around the chicken. Drizzle the olive oil the chicken and potatoes and toss the garlic cloves, rosemary and thyme sprigs to nestle around the potatoes.
- Juice the lemons over the chicken and potatoes; insert the squeezed lemon halves into the chicken along with the remaining onions; feel free to place any extra lemon halves among the potatoes, cut side up. Sprinkle the dried oregano over the chicken and potatoes.
- Sprinkle the garlic powder and onion powder over the chicken, tie the legs together with twine and season the whole dish with the salt and pepper. Pour the chicken stock around the potatoes.
Bake, uncovered, for around 1 1/2 hours or until cooked through (minimum temperature 165F). Remove from the oven, cover with foil and let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with extra fresh rosemary and thyme if desired and serve with a Greek salad if desired.