This Classic Vinaigrette is perfect for everyday salads and comes together in minutes! After you make this you will never buy another salad dressing again!
Let’s face it, a salad dressing can make or break a salad. I spent ages trying to create a great versatile salad dressing to help our family eat more greens, and after many failed attempts I stumbled on this concoction. You can use this on nearly any type of salad or even as a marinade for grilled vegetables. I make a large batch for the week to make after-work salads a less daunting task.
I will let you in on a little secret: I use an Aerolatte (milk frother) to make salad dressing and it is the BEST tool. It works like a charm to emulsify the salad dressing AND fits in my cutlery drawer – I love it!
This vinaigrette is perfect for everyday salads and comes together in minutes!
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- Juice of 1 lemon (fresh only)
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar or honey
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup canola or olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a small but tall bowl (or large cup), whisk the garlic, lemon, dijon, sugar or honey, and red wine vinegar together.
- Slowly add the oil while whisking until it is all mixed in. Add salt and pepper to taste.