This time of year is meant for celebrating with those we love … over something to nibble of course! We took the time to put together my favourite holiday appetizers along with a downloadable grocery list if you’re wanting to make the whole spread (scale down the servings if your family is small like ours) so you can spend less time slaving in the kitchen and more time with your feet up!
Charles and I have realized that feeding people is just what we do. We both love to cook, and entertaining over good food is truly the very best way to connect. We’ve realized over the years that it doesn’t have to be fancy and in fact, I would argue that simple wholesome ‘unfussy’ foods win every time. We won’t be able to host everyone in our home this year, but it doesn’t mean I won’t be preparing our own little party for the boys and I! It’s important to me to keep this holiday fun and memorable, and an appetizer party at home is on our to-do list!
All of these appetizers and dishes were designed with comfort food in mind, and we even included vegan options. They are easy to share and and are largely individual, which is perfect for setting out and letting everyone enjoy as they wish, while we play games, open gifts and watch Christmas movies on repeat! The kids especially love the Pizza Pull Apart Bun Wreath – SO GOOD and fun!
Wishing you the happiest of Holidays, from my family to yours!
Fraîche Table : Holiday Appetizers
I like to keep things simple with layers of white dishes (surprise surprise), brass candle holders (from a vintage store) and plenty of white candles. I layered two cake stands from The Cross to create height and tiers for serving our appetizers. I happened to have a bunch of pears from my parents winter pear tree that added a little bit of colour and festiveness.
When it came to deciding what to serve, I knew I wanted something impressive yet simple to make. I know I’ll have a batch of these Rosemary Roasted Nuts on hand all season long since they’re so easy to whip up and snack on.
Note that for the (mini) Mac n’ Cheese, instead of baking it in a large dish simply follow the same instructions but place the Mac n’ Cheese in individual ramekins (oven safe) and follow the same instructions from there. Note that we created a Vegan Mac’n Cheese that I’m also in love with!
Holiday Appy Schedule
- Buy flowers & decorate table (optional)
- Purchase wine/drinks (not optional this year lol)
- Grocery shop (download your list here)
- Iron napkins (if needed – I mean really… maybe not this year)
- Pick out your outfit! Pajamas count 😉
- Make the Roasted Rosemary Nuts
- Make bread dough
- Set out glassware (sippy cups qualify)
- Chill wine
- Assemble bun wreath and let rise (around 2 hours before you plan to eat)
- Place Rosemary Roasted Nuts in serving bowl
- Make the Mac and Cheese (but wait for the final step of heating in the oven)
30 Minutes Before You Plan to Eat:
- Make Pear and Brie Crostini
- Bake Pull-Apart Pizza Bun Wreath and warm the sauce
- Bake the mini Mac and Cheese
- Light the candles