We created a Spanish-inspired dinner for this month’s Fraiche Table to help you soak up these long sun-soaked days of summer with family and friends. The menu is filled with summer goodness along with a simple and elegant table setting. We’ve done all the work for you which means more time sipping wine on the patio and less time slaving in the kitchen!
This table is dressed with simple olive branches to add the perfect earthy element and just a soft touch of colour. These branches are relatively inexpensive and made the table look stunning! They dress up the table and are pretty much effortless as far as table settings go.
We found our branches at Bylands – be sure to call your florist ahead and they can most likely get them in for you! If you’re unable to find olive branches, other greenery will give you a similar look (but I think it was worth the effort to source these!).
In keeping with a simple theme, we used just a few timeless elements to set this table. These plain white plates and bowls from Fable have a small earthy speckle to them that added a little something extra for the eye to look at. We found these amazing frayed white napkins that had just a touch of detail to add some contrast along with these epic gold napkin rings (both from The Cross). Amidst the olive branches we had small white votive candles that we picked up from Walmart to set the mood when the sun went down.
PS: Don’t mind the fact that the forks are on the wrong side of the plate (before anyone calls me on it). The boys had me up the whole night before and somehow I didn’t catch it until after haha!
Appetizer: Watermelon Ceviche
Wine Pairing: Okanagan Crush Pad Narrative Pinot Blanc 2017
Soup: Green Gazpacho
Wine Pairing: Giant Head Estate Winery Rose 2016
Entree: Seafood and Chorizo Paella
Wine Pairing: Chardonnay Nk’mip Chardonnay Qwam Qwmt 2015
Dessert: Lemon Granita
Wine Pairing: Mission Hill 2014 Reserve Riesling Ice Wine
The Hostess Schedule
Two Days Before
- Buy olive branches
- Purchase wine – chill whites!
- Grocery shopping (download list here)
- Pick outfit!
- Make Gazpacho and refrigerate
- Make simple syrup for Lemon Granita and refrigerate
- Set table (I recommend laying the branches out the day of)
- Make Ceviche and let marinade in fridge (leave out avocado)
- Make Lemon Granita and place in freezer (for a less firm granita make just before serving to guests)
- Place olive branches on the table
- Prep ingredients for Paella
- 15 minutes prior to guests arrive
- Set out Ceviche with chips and add avocado
- Guests Arrive:
- Serve Ceviche and pour the wine!
- Make Paella
- Serve Gazpacho with garnish
- Serve Paella
- Serve Lemon Granita
Thank you to the BC Wine Institute for helping sponsor this post!
Leave a Reply