We know we need to eat our greens, and what better time than first thing in the morning! This Green Goddess Eggs Benedict combines healthy spinach, avocado and optional poached eggs with a simple homemade dill hollandaise. It is seriously SO good! I took this to a whole new level with lightly toasted slices of Stonemill Authentic Sourdough Rye Multigrain which ended up being the perfectttt base for my new favourite savory breakfast.
Stonemill believes (like all great things) great bread takes time. Their dough is naturally fermented for up to 12 hours to allow the flavours to develop over time, creating a flavourful, wholesome bread. They also use non-GMO ingredients, no artificial flavours and no artificial preservatives. Making it kind of a no brainer in the bread aisle! Note that you can get it exclusively at Costco in BC.
In the Green Goddess Eggs Benedict, I knew I wanted a recipe that was fun to make and most of all – uncomplicated! Let’s face it, we have enough of that in our lives. Making traditional hollandaise can be challenging for even the best of chefs, so this simplified version is a welcome alternative. Using mayonnaise, sour cream, Dijon mustard, lemon juice and fresh dill, you will have a vibrant flavourful and fail-proof dill hollandaise in no time!
How to Make the Perfect Poached Egg
The perfect poached egg is easier than it may seem! Here are a couple tips to guarantee a picture-perfect egg for this Green Goddess Eggs Benedict.
- Use vinegar! I add about 1 tablespoon of distilled white vinegar into my boiling water. It helps keep your egg white together.
- Don’t crack the eggs straight into the pot. Crack them into a ramekin or small bowl first, and gently add to the pot of low boiling water, stirring the water in a circular motion as you add the eggs to keep the egg whites together.
- For a firm egg white and runny yolk, cook for around 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the water with a slotted spoon and place on a plate lined with paper towel before placing on your toast to keep the water out of your breakfast before enjoying!
Recipes Using Bread
There are so many great ways to enjoy a wholesome good quality bread! I mean, toasted with some butter or nut butter is hard to beat. But some other ways to use the Stonemill Authentic Sourdough Rye Multigrain include:
- Avocado Toast with Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Toast to use it as the topping for French Onion Soup
- Enjoy with natural peanut butter and Homemade Chia Jam
- Use in your favourite sandwiches piled high with all the fixings!
Stonemill Bakehouse bread is available exclusively at Costco. Visit your nearest location to pick-up a loaf of Stonemill Authentic Sourdough Rye Multigrain and try this Green Goddess Eggs Benedict Recipe.
Green Goddess Eggs Benedict
Green Goddess Eggs Benedict
A lot of goodness can be found within this Green Goddess Eggs Benedict. Healthy spinach, creamy avocado, a poached egg, all topped with a homemade dill hollandaise.
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill plus more for garnish
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1 avocado sliced
- 4 slices Stonemill Bakehouse Authentic Sourdough Rye Multigrain lightly toasted
For the Hollandaise
Pour an inch of water into a small pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
In a glass bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice and Dijon mustard.
Place glass bowl over the simmering water. Whisk mixture together until warmed, add the dill and season to taste with salt and pepper. Keep warm until ready to serve.
For Poaching the Eggs
Fill a large frying pan or shallow pot three quarters full with water and add the vinegar. Bring to a gentle boil. Crack eggs into individual small bowls or ramekins, gently stir the water in a circular motion and drop eggs into the water. For soft eggs cook 3-4 minutes or longer as desired.
Us a slotted spoon to remove the eggs from the water and let them rest briefly on a paper towel to absorb the excess water.
While the eggs are cooking, toast the Stonemill Sourdough Rye Bread, butter If desired, and layer on the fresh spinach, sliced avocado and eggs, Top with a dollop of warm hollandaise. Garnish with more fresh dill and enjoy!
Leave a Reply