Who doesn’t love fries? Tossed in sea salt and rosemary, these perfectly crispy oven fries will MAKE your Valentine’s meal, breakfast, lunch or dinner! Serve them as hash browns to compliment your eggs, as a side for your dinner, or just on their own as an adorable little snack.
You will need some good quality fresh potatoes (I bought mine at Nature’s Fare, those organic beauties were calling my name) and a mini heart-shaped cookie cutter for this recipe.
- 6 large potatoes*
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
*I used organic white potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Peel the potatoes (or just wash them, depends on how you want to use the leftover potatoes after you cut them with the cookie cutter) and boil the potatoes for 15 minutes. Drain them and let them cool.
- Once cool enough to touch, cut the potatoes into ½” slices. Using your mini heart-shaped cookie cutter cut out as many hearts out of each slice as you can (this will depend on the size of your potato and cookie cutter).
- Place the heart shaped potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and toss with the olive oil, sea salt and rosemary. Bake until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes, turning the potatoes over once half-way through baking.