We can’t get enough of these Mexican flavours in our house: honestly, we cook a Mexican meal nearly once a week. This is a super healthy and filling kale salad that incorporates the Super Food kale into the mix to give it a bit more texture, fibre and vitamins. In addition to only having 33 calories per cup, kale is rich in lutein and xeaxanthin, nutrients that give kale its deep, dark green coloring and protect against macular degeneration and cataracts.
Mexican Kale Salad
- 3 cups chopped kale (loosely packed)
- 1 bunch chopped cilantro
- 1 cup chopped orange or red pepper (seeded)
- 1 avocado (diced)
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper (seeded and finely chopped)
- 1 cup cooked corn
- 1 can drained and rinsed black beans
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1 cup chopped tomato (about 4 tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1/3 cup canola or olive oil
In a large bowl, combine all of the salad ingredients together.
In a separate small bowl, combine all of the dressing ingredients together with a whisk.
Toss the salad in the dressing and serve!