These gluten free coconut macaroons are SO easy to make and SO impressive! They’re moist, chewy and absolutely delicious. You can whip these up for last minute company in under 20 minutes with a few simple ingredients. Even better, they are naturally gluten-free with no fancy ingredients required: just make sure your coconut is produced in a wheat-free plant (it will not have the disclaimer for wheat). Enjoy!
These gluten free coconut macaroons are SO easy to make and SO impressive! Absolutely delicious, you can whip these up in under 20 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients: mix well.
- Using a small scoop or teaspoon, place a teaspoon of the cookie mixture on the cookie sheet, leaving about 1" space between each cookie.
- Bake until just golden brown, about 16 minutes, rotating the pan half way through.
- Cool and eat!
Variation: Add 1/3 cup of finely chopped dark chocolate to the mixture before shaping into cookies.
Tip: If you are using unsweetened coconut, increase the sugar to 1/2 cup.
Hi, I’m just wondering which brand of coconut you used to be sure it was gluten free…. all the ones I have found either don’t specify, or say may contain wheat etc. Thanks!
Yes you are right, most of them either don’t specify or are made in the same plant as wheat products! Here is a source for you. Happy baking!