What better way to kick off fall than with a BC Wine Country Giveaway? Assuming that got your attention, keep reading to learn more including how to enter!
October is BC Wine Harvest Month, and cruising through the backroads in the Okanagan at this time of year makes me so nostalgic. Growing up surrounded by the same stunning vineyards and watching the BC wine industry grow makes me even happier to call this place home.
Harvest time is when local grapes are picked at the peak of ripeness, the culmination of months of back-breaking hard work. And in my experience, the only thing better than discovering your favourite BC wine is discovering the vineyard that brought it to your glass and meeting the people behind it!
While I often reference the Okanagan, there are in fact nine unique wine-growing regions in BC that are experiencing a beautiful harvest, from Vancouver Island to the Shuswap. We’ve spent more time than ever this year exploring our own backyard, and I’m beyond grateful for this beautiful province and the families that live here. Knowing the hard work and love that is poured into agriculture, it’s important to me to support local farmers and the products they produce. Which is pretty easy to do these days: our BC wine is SO GOOD! Exploring wine country is one of my favourite things to do – and it’s always evolving!
My Favourite BC Wine Getaways
- Naramata Bench – for some of my favourite wineries in this area click here to read about our girl’s getaway!
- Golden Mile Bench and Similkameen Valley – Charles and I got away a couple of years ago on a couple’s weekend wine trip in the fall that I will remember forever (read about it here. And no, I didn’t drink that massive bottle).
- My Own Backyard – we are so lucky to live with some of the best wineries just a few minutes away! Of course, we stay at home but The Nest at Quails Gate is a dream if you’re looking for somewhere to crash after a day or two of wine touring. Click here to view the full list of wineries broken down by region and note the Wines of BC’s handy Explorer app Spend the Night feature, which can help you to search for accommodations by winery.
But back to the giveaway! Wines of BC has selected top local partners to help create NINE perfect prize packages for a few lucky winners! You could win an exciting two-night, three-day wine adventure for two to one of BC’s nine wine-growing regions. There are four ways that you can enter and increase your chances of winning!
To Enter to Win:
- Enter on Winebc.com
- Download the Wines of BC Explorer app.
- Rate a BC wine in the app. (receive extra credit and entry!)
- Share a wine or a trip within the app. (receive extra credit and entry!)
Each winner will be spoiled and experience elegant BC wine, premier local dining featuring delicious regional fresh food along with the grace and hospitality of a BC hotel. A truly BC-made, local adventure (all while responsibly following the COVID-19 safety protocols)!
Enter the Harvest Sips & Trips contest and learn how the Wines of BC Explorer App can be your ultimate guide to refining your personalized wine list and planning your next future BC wine country getaway. Good luck my friends!
This post was sponsored by the Wines of British Columbia, BC Wine Institute.