The ‘Mom Bun’ – my go-to look when I don’t have the time to do my hair (ahem, and who has time to do their hair these days?!). I’m finally sharing how I put my hair up in a quick bun for those days when you’re on the go, with a video tutorial to go along with it!
I really love it when my hair is done nicely, but it’s so great to have a back up when time isn’t on my side. When I’m in need of a low maintenance hair style this is my fix. The best part? It takes less than one minute and you still look like you’re put together. A total MOM WIN! Another little bonus, this works best on unwashed hair (massive bonus).
There’s zero doubt that I feel so much better when I take the time to pull myself together in the morning before the rush of the day starts, even if it’s as simple as putting my hair up and putting a little bit of makeup on. Just add a good cup of coffee and away I go!
The trick is that I start my mornings SUPER early – like 4:30am early. It’s a bit insane. Which means that I have about zero time to do my hair. But if you find yourself with a little more time in the morning, I’ve also shared how I curl my hair!
Here is the full tutorial for my quick bun hack with a video at the end!
Mom Bun Tutorial
What You’ll Need:
- hair elastic or scrunchie
- bobby pins
- Take your hair elastic and put it around your wrist. Then, gather all your hair in a high pony (not too high, but around the crown of your head).
- Keep the base of the pony secure with one hand, twist your hair and twirl the twisted hair around the base of your pony to create your bun. Secure with your hair elastic.
- Gently pull from the centre of your bun so that your hair looks a little more loose to create a little bit of a messier bun.
- Use your bobby pins to secure any hairs that may be sticking out. Spray with a light spray of hairspray and off you go!