With summer just around the corner (Yahoo!) it’s time to start thinking about your summer hair care routine! I LOVE everything that summer brings, but it can take a real toll on my hair with all of the sunshine, swimming and styling! I partnered with Schwarzkopf to share my favourite ways to protect and style your locks all summer long:
- I only wash my hair every couple of days and I try to give it a break whenever I can. In fact, I pack the GLISS Ultimate Repair leave-in conditioner to spray on my hair (dry or damp) after a day at the beach — then I throw my hair in a braid after spraying it on (on the days when I don’t need it curled), and my hair ends up feeling SO soft and healthy! I’m a bit addicted to this product. Putting your hair in a braid also reduces the exposure to the sun and locks in moisture, it’s one of my favourite hacks!
- Try skipping the styling whenever possible: the heat from curling irons and flat irons contributes to hair damage. Let your hair air dry when you can (or at the very least, reduce the heat on your hair dryer or styling tools)…you will have that perfectly imperfect beachy look and your hair will say a giant thank you!
- Wedding season is here and that means keeping your locks perfectly styled all day (and night) long! Try using a tiny bit of göt2b Glam Force styling gel to keep all those loose pieces and fly-aways in place: this is NOT the gel you remember when you were growing up, I promise!
- Since I only wash my hair every 2-3 days, dry shampoo is a MUST! I’ve been using the göt2b Fresh It Up Dry Shampoo, it’s a total summer essential. They even have a tinted version (Cocoa Brown) for brunettes like me — it even works as a root touch-up in a pinch! (Tip: If you feel like your ends need a little hydration in between washes like I do, spray on a leave-in conditioner — GLISS has a few great options!
- Speaking of roots, whether you’re in between salon visits or in between at-home colouring like me, I’ve been using the Schwarzkopf Root Retoucher (I use the brown shade), a 30-second fix. It’s just for the day and washes out with shampoo.
- Try using scrunchies instead of elastic bands to hold your hair: they are so much more gentle on the hair (and come in so many cute patterns!).
- If you colour your hair (I colour my own and have for years), you probably know that sun exposure can fade your colour faster. I use GLISS Colour Guard shampoo and conditioner with built-in UVA/UVB filters to help seal and protect coloured hair and keep it healthy and vibrant for longer!
This post is sponsored by Schwarzkopf. All opinions are my own.
Hey Tori! I remember seeing in an insta-story a while ago you recommended a product to use if you’re letting your hair air-dry. Can you remind me what that is?